Yoogane Korean Galbi
Checked-in into this korean restaurant recently when my friends intro-ed me into trying this by hard selling me with the big pan used and food cooked directly in your face kind of experience.
I stopped by the place around 9pm on my visit and there wasn't really a long queue when I got there apart from a couple in front of us. I was told that there's always a snaking long queue present outside the store on norm hours but since I'm there at 9, the bulk diners have probably moved on to desserts.
Interestingly, when it was our turn to be served, we were told that we had to place our orders first before proceeding to our table and so we did. Apart from that, there's a sticker there stating that we had to minimally order 2 main dish if we are visiting in a group and the main dish being the Galbis. (Got to take note if your partner is a small eater in this case)
We ordered 2 sets of Chicken Galbi, additional fried rice with mozzarella cheese, 1 bowl of spicy dokboki (rice cake) and 1 plate of eggroll.
As marketed by my friends, they did had a huge pan placed right in front of you with the ingredients we ordered. It felt like a mini teppanyaki session as they fried the food in front of us carefully. I begin to realise why they insisted us on ordering more than 1 Galbi set, the plate was filled with extremely lots of different types of vegetables with rather insignificant portion of meat. Me being a fervent meat eater was a little disappointed by the portion but I guess koreans do fancy eating greens a lot in their dishes.
Our spicy dokboki and egg roll came while the person continued frying our pan. The spicy dokboki was rather normal and lacked spiciness, so for all the spicy lovers, got to ask them to up the spiciness or it might just feel a tad too mild. As for the egg roll, it was a nicely cooked egg, rolled and topped with ketchup (tomato sauce) and was nicely cooked (this is a must try).
The Galbi was done after about 15mins and didn't really splatter like what we expected so you can confidently choose not to wear the apron.
The Galbi, was nicely done with the sauce evenly spread throughout the entire dish and since it was on a hot pan, we got to enjoy the food hot. The meat was nicely marinated and the dish was overall delicious.
Overall, I would say that the food is delicious and tasty and a must try for all korean food lovers. Whether is it worth a second visit, >.<?
I believe its a little heavy on the pocket unless more food variety is served in their sets.



No comments:
Post a Comment